The wallet was created in 2011 by a company of the same name based in Luxembourg. Blockchain is one of the most popular online wallets in the world, used by people from all over the world and supporting over 20 languages. The company has an extensive infrastructure, which includes more than 100 employees and 25 thousand API developers. The company's business is not limited to just one crypto wallet: they also conduct research on the crypto market and offer various products such as a blockchain explorer and a PIT cryptocurrency exchange with support for 26 trading pairs. Blockchain also provides advanced crypto products for professionals:
- OTC market for institutional investors and traders with high liquidity.
- Depository services in secure crypto vaults supporting military grade protocols and account administration.
- Early access to exclusive market overview.
- Managed products and Blockchain Ventures investment fund with a wide crypto ecosystem.
All transaction data and amounts are stored on remote servers of the crypto company, which makes them vulnerable to cyberattacks: in the event of a server hacking, users can lose their funds. In addition, unauthorized entry can occur from the client side if user credentials are leaked. Thus, Blockchain.com differs from other bitcoin clients in less security. This is a text from site cryptodefix. The company has partial control over access, and they can set restrictions for customers: set limits on transactions, etc. In other words, the crypto wallet is partially centralized. Centralization means that a company can access private keys and has its own protocol, which can impose restrictions on the basic functionality of the interface. We do not know if the company can block or freeze funds on the client's wallets or only set limits, but perhaps the company has access to private keys. Blockchain.com runs on its own protocol, so it is not known for sure if central servers store information such as private keys and seed.
- Simple and intuitive web interface. The company has made an emphasis on ensuring that users can quickly access their funds and easily use client functions without special knowledge.
- Support for multiple cryptocurrencies. As we said earlier, in addition to Bitcoin, Blockchain supports Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar and Digital USD stablecoin.
- Built-in exchange (swap). Users can exchange supported cryptoassets right within the interface.
- Mobile version support.
- Synchronization with a mobile device.